I've recreated the blog that I began last year, which I had neglected to water much like my house plants.
I've decided to start over. Rather than me randomly musing about things that tick me off (although it may come up from time to time) I'm going to write about the journey Mr.P and I are undertaking...the beginning phase of operation baby. And when I say beginning, I mean planning and discussing phase. For overachievers like us, there are many things to do beforehand (and don't worry, when we do eventually get pregnant, I will say goodbye to the beer and wine for awhile!)
We have always talked about having kids (always a good idea to discuss this before you get married. I know a couple who didn't and ended up divorcing over their disagreement on the subject. True story). At the time we got married we were in both wedding planning zone and house renovation zone. Here we are coming up on our one year anniversary and we have had babies on the brain. Mr.P is in his early thirties, and I am turning 29 this summer. Not that our bodies are not capable of handling procreation for years and years to come...but we do realize that we would prefer to start our family sooner rather than later. Mr.P's parents were really young when they had him, and my parents were much older when they had me. Our upbringings were affected by our parents age, and in very different ways. To balance that out, we feel that starting a family in our late twenties/early thirties is just the right time for us.
The goal of this blog is to record our journey from the bottle (our beloved wine and beer) to baby (our next love). For entertainment, I'll also muse about some of the interesting, random, disgusting, and inspirational moments we have along the way.
Cheers!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment