Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I wish I had a big frosty mug of beer in my hands.

Today I am finding myself annoyed by small things. I suppose it has to do with the fact that I'm working and overloaded with work right now. Mr.P is at home enjoying a day off. Our house is a total mess and we're supposed to host a family get together tomorrow.

First I have to say that I am very proud of Mr.P today. He called me up a bit ago and asked me how to start the dishwashers (no, it's not a new dishwasher. It came with our house we've lived in for 1.5 years!) Obviously this is a big deal that he is doing the dishes. However, it took about 5 minutes of me explaining and him trying to figure out how to start the dishwasher. It's not rocket science! Finally he got it figured out. I instructed him on how to start some laundry next if he is feeling domestic...

At work I have been dealing with a crazy rush of paperwork- all by myself. There were three of us in the office, but J died a few months ago and has not been replaced. T is on vacation through next week, and I am holding down the fort. Normally this would be fine, except right now is one of our busiest times of the year. For each email I answer, another 2 come in. Hopefully this weekend the incoming will slow down so I can get caught up.

One thing that drives me crazy is when people call me to ask for my fax number or email address, and when I start to give them the info they put me on hold to find a pen/pencil to write down the info. WTF? You're calling to get some info, and you don't already have a pen/pencil in hand? Seriously! This has happened to me 3 times today.

On a positive note, I am looking forward to this evening. We have dinner plans with a friend we haven't seen in a long time. We were supposed to go to a party, but instead we decided to stay home and watch movies and clean our house. After being gone so much of December, it will be nice to spend the evening in.

Happy New Year! I have high hopes for 2009 being a great year....

No comments: