Going to the movies is getting WAY to expensive! After spending New Year's Eve in, and then hosting a family get together on New Year's Day, we decided to go out and see a movie last night. We had a hard time deciding on one we'd both see, and ended up going to see Twilight. I had already seen it in November when it came out, but since I just finished reading all 4 books in December I thought it would be fun to see again.
The only theater it was playing at near us was the Regal Cinema downtown. We drove down there, and of course since we were cutting it close on time, there were no street parking spaces to be found and we ended up parking in the garage under the theater.
Here's the breakdown of our cost for our date:
Movie tickets: $10.50 each = $21
Large soda $5.50 and large popcorn $7.50 to share = $13
Candy to share = $4
Parking for 2.5 hours = $10
Total cost = $48
Fifty dollars to go out to the movies! Next time we go to the movies I will insist we only go to a theater that offers a military discount, and one that has a free parking lot. We should also plan on sneaking our own snacks in too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment