Sunday, January 11, 2009

Resolutions.

We're nearly two weeks into the new year! Usually it seems that January drags on and feels slightly depressing after the holidays have passed. This year I feel like January is flying by! Despite the dreariness of the weather and bare trees, I've been feeling pretty happy and content with life.

Tonight Mr.P and I were eating a quiet dinner together after church. We were talking about our resolutions for the coming months/year ahead. He just finished a training this past week which helped him learn a lot about his leadership and management style. It gave him a lot to think about as to how he presents himself, and it gave him time to reflect on how he'd like to change certain aspects of his communication style. He'd also like to start presenting himself better - such as making sure he's shaved, wearing clean/ironed clothing (ha ha...he's going to need to learn to help with the laundry if he has this expectation!)

As for my resolutions, I feel like I would like to be better at keeping secrets. I've never been very good at keeping things to myself (at least things pertaining to my life), I tend to be an open book to those who know me. But as I've gotten older I've felt an increased need for privacy about certain things. This past week I learned that something I had wanted to keep semi-private was leaked by one friend to some other friends and so on....when I heard that several people knew this piece of information about me I felt somewhat violated. Not that I wouldn't have shared the story with some of those friends, I just felt like I should have been the one to tell people, not them hearing second or third hand. Also, since there is more to the story than I was willing to share, I felt slightly caught off guard.

However, that situation aside, I am currently holding onto a big secret. It's been a lot easier to keep my secret than I thought it would be, and now that I've been holding onto it for awhile I feel so protective of it that I don't know if I want to share it with anyone but Mr.P!

No comments: