I am not really an emotional person. I'm sensitive to insults and slights by others, but rarely to the point of crying. I almost never cry during movies or sappy events (I didn't even cry at my own wedding!)
Yesterday I was supposed to go see "Bride Wars" with my best friend H. She decided she didn't want to see it anymore since she heard it got terrible reviews. I was a little bummed, but willing to see another movie. H picked "Gran Torino." I went into the theater knowing nothing about the movie other than the fact that Clint Eastwood was in it.
It was such a great movie! I really liked it, it was very moving. The ending though - it really got me. I didn't just tear up a little, I was bawling. Unconsolably crying my eyes out. My friend H, who knows I am not a crier, looked at me like I was crazy. After the movie I was in the car driving to our next destination (dinner) and while on the phone with Mr.P, he asked what the movie was about. I couldn't even explain it to him without bawling again. Finally he was like, "Um, maybe I'll just look up the synopsis online..."
The point is, it was a really good movie. It also felt good to get a good cry in. "They" say it's good to cry once and awhile to release toxins.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment