Friday, October 3, 2008

Wow, two months - so much to report!

I've been a bad blogger. I haven't posted in two months. Actually, that is not true, I have blogged, just not on here. I've become addicted to "the nest" a community blog/networking site for young married women which is not a blocked site from work and thus, keeping with the typical government worker, I have spent much of my days trolling/writing on the blogs on there.
So lets see... major points to note:

1. I got a new car! Yay! I am now the proud owner of a 2005 BMW X3. So one friend said I'm now officially a yuppy and she's embarressed to ride in my car. Oh well, I like it and I feel like it's a good safe car for our future offspring to ride in. The gas mileage may suck a little, but good thing my commute to work is only 5 miles. Plus, it has heated leather seats. Pretty much the greatest thing since sliced bread.

2. I ran a half marathon! At my 40 lbs lost marker, I participated in a half marathon! My time may not have been as awesome as past half marathons, but I still finished and I am proud of myself. I may not have been able to walk for a few days...but I digress.

3. We're officially TTC (trying to conceive for those of you not in the TTC world). Yup, after going off BC (birth control) this summer, our initial intention was to level out my hormones and try "natural birth control" but after our anniversary we decided we're ready to start TTC. I've had a history of irregular cycles and ovarian cysts...so it may be a long journey. Hopefully we'll get pregnant right away (already 1 cycle of failure) but we're praying about it that God will be with us during this journey. For those of you who know me, this is especially trying since, A) I am super impatient, and B) I am a total type A personality. Luckily Mr.P is very relaxed and is able to shake my shoulders every so often and remind me that it is not in my hands. Easier said than done. I have total crazy baby fever and can't wait to start our family.

4. I am now officially 29! My birthday was last month. It was a great birthday, and with all the dinners/parties/celebrations I realized how blessed I am to have so many great friends and family that took time to celebrate with me. Plus, my puppet collection grew. I went from two puppets to 5 puppets!

5. For our 1 year anniversary Mr.P surprised me with a trip! We never did go on an official honeymoon (the weekend after our wedding we went on a 2 night trip to the Oregon coast), and he promised me someday we'd go on a *real* honeymoon. For our anniversary he surprised me with an itinerary for an 8 day cruise to Mexico! This is exciting because neither of us has been to Mexico. In early December we'll be cruising Mexico! Woo-hoo! Of course, if I'm pregnant by then I won't get to check off my "list of life dreams" visiting a tequila factory (small price to pay though).

So that's the latest friendo's. It's a rainy Friday here in Seattle. Mr.P and I are going away to Lake Quinault tomorrow for a 1 night getaway at the Lake Quinault Lodge. Even though the forcast is rain, we're looking forward to a relaxing and quiet mini-trip.

1 comment:

Wenikio said...

Hooray hooray and hooray! Congrats both on the weight and baby things! :)