Monday, November 17, 2008

Moving forward.

I feel like I'm starting to break out of my funk. My patience is growing, and I'm feeling less consumed with thought about the TTC process. It's been nice the past two weeks knowing where I stand in the process, and not having to worry about checking my temp each morning or doing the ovulation predictor tests. Two weeks ago I felt impatient knowing that I was going to have to reset my cycle and it would take a month or so from there before we could actually try to make this happen, but now I'm enjoying my time. I've started giving myself positive affirmations about the time ahead:

"I can enjoy some great wine over Thanksgiving weekend since I won't be pregnant or ovulating yet!"
"If we get pregnant around Christmastime, the baby's due date will be right around my birthday! How cool would that be?!"
"If we get pregnant in the next few months, we can make really cute Valentine's Day announcement cards!"

Maybe that sounds cheesy to be thinking like this, but it helps make me feel good and makes me less anxious about waiting.

I've also gotten my butt in gear at work and I've been able to catch up on stuff (after the death in our office I was quite unmotivated). J's position has not been filled yet, but I'm somehow managing to get both my workload and his taken care of.

Now I need to start planning for Christmas! I'm way behind where I'm normally at with my shopping/gift buying. Usually I have most gifts ordered/purchased by Thanksgiving, and so far I have very little done.

No comments: