*The title is from one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs, Time*
Earlier today as I was reviewing each blog post to change names (to make the blog a bit more anonymous) I read through each old post. How much things can change in a matter of months! It's funny that time can move either slow or fast, depending on where you are at in life. For me, the past several months have moved very slowly. Not that it's a bad thing, I have certainly enjoyed my time.
In July I posted about Mr.P and I being in the discussing/planning phase of having a baby. A month later we were in the, "Let's make a baby!" mindset. Ha, if only it were that easy. I feel like once we got on the baby track, time began moving soooo slow. It's not like you can just have sex and, bam, a baby is made. Sorry friendo's, the process is a little more challenging. You have to wait until ovulation time (assuming one is actually ovulating) and even then, the window of fertility is only about 24 hours, and if sex is timed accordingly, the odds of conceiving are less than 20%. Like I've said before, babies are a miracle (unless you're a crack whore...then it's no problem getting knocked up).
The past month or so I have felt this nagging sense of limbo...not wanting to commit to plans a few months out "in case" we're pregnant. It sucks, I wish I could just freely know what was going to happen. I'm already dealing with the disappointment of knowing that we won't have a "pregnancy anouncement" for our families for the holidays. That would've been fun. I'm also realizing that if we do get pregnant in the next few months, that will mean I'll be huge (which means uncomfortable) during the summer months. I always swore I'd never have a summer or early fall baby...but now I really could care less about something so petty as that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment