Monday, November 10, 2008

Plus, plus, delta.

Back when I was an AmeriCorps volunteer, our group leader always had us do what he called "plus plus delta." This was a way for us to give feedback, but the rule was that you had to say two positive things (plus') before you could say a negative (delta). If all you had was positive feedback, great, then you'd get to say three good things. If you had a complaint, you had to start by saying two positive things. I've been in a bit of a funk for a couple of weeks now, and I'm having trouble shaking it. In an effort to sound a little more positive, I thought I would use the plus plus delta model here in my blog post today:

Plus: I have tomorrow off! Yay for government holidays. I plan on relaxing and getting several little Christmas projects worked on.

Plus: There is a beer I've had twice now on tap, but have not been able to find in bottles. It's a special release by New Belgium Brewing Company called Giddy Up. It's an amber ale brewed with espresso, giving it a nice light body with a strong coffee flavor. It is unique, and delicious. Today at lunch I found it in bottles at the little grocery store near work. Tonight after my class I'm coming home to drink one (or two) of them.

Delta: I heard a Christmas jingle on the radio today and it made me realize how I am not ready for Christmas. I have no idea what to buy/make for people, and I'm just not feeling the holiday spirit yet. It's become more frequent that I have had people ask me, "When are you and (Mr.P) going to have kids?" I realize now how horrible it is to ask or be asked that question. It's actually quite personal, and then to currently be having trouble getting pregnant, it makes me feel bad to hear that. Christmastime means lots of parties and gatherings, and I am dreading hearing that question, which I know is inevitable. I can be polite or make a lighthearted joke in response, but really inside I want to cry when I hear that question.

P.S. I did a little housecleaning on my blog...I decided to make it a little more "anonymous" by removing real names. I'm not completely sold on the background design yet...more changes to come.

No comments: