Sunday, November 23, 2008

Technology bites.

Mr.P loves high tech gagets, computers, etc. He fully admits to being a geek, and I love his geekiness (we even have a onesie in our stash that is green with the words "my dad's a geek" embossed on the front).

This evening we were shopping at U Village. Mr.P loves making small talk with random people, so as we waited in line at Starbucks, he commented to the people behind us, "That's a really nice baby carriage you've got there." I noticed it, the aerodynamic wheels/frame...it looked expensive. The norwegian name embroidered on the undercarriage indicated to me that this was the Volvo of baby carriages. I politely smiled and said to Mr.P, "And when we have a baby, you can do all the consumer research into all the stroller options!" His smile was sincere, since there is no doubt he will research all the options for days on end, when the time comes. That's just how he is, and it's one of the things I love about him.

After we left the Starbucks, I told Mr.P that particular baby carriage was probably over $1000. He seemed surprised, but kind of shrugged his shoulders. When we got home I looked it up online, just for shits and giggles. Yup, that model was $1200. I laughed and showed him the website on my laptop.

He responded with, " Well, a good baby stroller isn't going to be cheap. We both drive BMW's...our kid isn't going to ride around in the Hyundai of strollers, that's for sure."

Hmm...he has a point.

No comments: