Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Disappointment and nausea.

Disappointment:

I'll admit, I am disappointed by the outcome of the election. It sucks to have hope and optimism that certain candidates or issues will go in a certain direction...unfortunately, that isn't always the case. I'm sure this country will be fine and life will go on...but for now I'm going to sulk. Just a little.

Nausea:

I met with the RE on Monday, and I went back on Tuesday for my test results. They ran a battery of tests, and the good news is there were no major finding (no PCOS and no thyroid condition, those were the two biggest concerns). The basic outcome was that some of my hormones are out of wack, which is causing idiopathic anovualation. The doctor set me up with two prescriptions that will essentially "reset" my hormones and get me on track to ovulate. Unfortunately, the side effect of the first prescription (the one I'm taking right now) is that I feel kind of nauseas. But I guess that isn't too terrible, since the most common side effect of the next prescription is hot flashes. Yay for hormones! The RE wants me to test for ovulation each of the next three cycles (assuming I don't get pregnant the first or second cycle). She said that if I'm not pregnant by February, then we'll re-evaluate the plan and do some further testing. I'm glad that I met with the doctor, even though a few friends told me I should wait at least a year. I knew there was something wrong, and I trusted my gut instinct with this one. We'll see what happens!

No comments: