Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Stay at home wife for a day.

It was nice waking up knowing I didn't have to go to work today. I drove Mr.P to work since I was planning on running errands near his office. I went shopping at Target, and was able to contain myself from making impulse purchases (I'm really bad about that). I was able to spend an hour wandering around Target, and I escaped spending well under $100. I got a couple little Christmas gifts, a bunch of dry goods and soups (who knew Target had such a great grocery area?) I also found a shelving unit for our pantry.

When we moved into our house, I unpacked the kitchen in a hurry and just hastily put things away. It's not very efficiently organized, and we have long been out of space to the point where we have random things on the counter that should really be put away (like the toaster. Do we eat toast? Sometimes...like once every 3 months!) The shelving unit is great because already it has freed up two cupboards that can now house the various appliances and junk that was cluttering the counters.

I also installed some new hooks on the backs of our doors to hang towels/robes/jackets. I've gotten several loads of laundry done, and I got caught up on the 90210 episodes I've had in the DVR que. Next up is making dinner, then tonight I'm going to catch up on ironing and watch a movie! It's nice to have a "stay at home wife" day where I can get some domestic things taken care of. I'm a little sad about going back to work tomorrow, but I think it's for the best. If I were a stay at home wife all the time, I think I'd get really bored.

No comments: