Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'd like to order a tall coffee and some sunlight.

All day I kept contemplating a drive down to Starbucks. Part of it is to have a warm coffee beverage, part of it is to escape the office. Since there was a funeral where I work today and the parking situation was a bit dicey due to said funeral, I opted to wait until that event was over. About ten minutes ago I started debating what to order, and I realized that I hadn't had caffeine in a week. Yay PhinneyGirl! But then I remembered, oops, I had a triple grande soy gingerbread latte yesterday (and it was delicious). In my efforts to cut back on caffeine, I decided that I should not have caffeine two days in a row. I also lack the willpower to walk into a Starbucks and willingly order decaf, so instead I'll just avoid it all together. Sigh.

Is it just me or is it getting dark really early? I know, daylight savings time kicked in, but seriously, it's barely after 4 o'clock here and it's nearly pitch black outside! It seemed like last week we still had some daylight around 4 o'clock. I can handle the rain no problem...but the darkness really gets to me. I shudder at the thought of the months ahead where I arrive at work in the dark, and leave in the dark.

No comments: